I've been thinking lately about putting into words the great benefits I find, from the two activities that are my therapies in life these days: yoga and crochet knitting.
Amazingly I have started to find similarities.
Yoga is a means to balance and ground my mind, my anxiety and restlessness. It makes me focus in the here and the now. It gives me time to pause and listen to my inner self, my body, my heart and my breathing.
Crochet knitting also gives me time to pause. During my commute to and from work, in the subway where it can get so crowded and claustrophobic, I take out my yarn and I'm immediately transported to this personal and intimate space, where the rhythm of my hands knitting and my breathing become one song, a mantra of sorts. It is really a moment of meditation.
Yoga has given me strength, self tolerance and acceptance, patience and control. With crochet I find flow and time to breathe and pause.
I'm a better person, a more patient mom, hopefully a more tolerant wife and friend, but most importantly I love myself more. I feel my life is in a balanced place where I am true to what makes me be at peace and feel grateful.
...peace in my thoughts, peace in my words, peace in my heart...

No comments:
Post a Comment