21/03/2013

YOGA: my therapy


The first day of Spring! 
...light, sun, growth, re-birth, energy...

One of the things that most inspire me is to practice yoga! Yoga is my therapy, it's my ground. My mat is where I find balance, listen to my breath and my body. It's where I connect, where I pause and reboot. I started practicing when I was pregnant with my first daughter, 17 years ago... it was a class that combined yoga with meditation and was special for mom's to be. I had a very special connection with my teacher (Sophie Favarel) who taught me to listen to my body, communicate with that being growing inside me and prepare for what was to come. I remember I cried the last day of class... for me that was an hour of pure selfishness, an hour just for myself that was soon to be gone for a while...

But that need to be present, to connect with myself has always been there. It's been almost 4 years now that I started in full again. I'm now trying to practice at least four times a week and it has really become part of who I am. It's my moment, my time to feel present, to cultivate balance and strength, which I try to bring with me, outside of my mat, into everything I do in my life.

http://889yoga.com/blog/uncategorized/do-you-practice-yoga-or-do-you-just-do-yoga/
...this is a very inspiring article, written by Christine Russell (co-founder of 889yoga, the studio where I practice now)

No comments:

Post a Comment