23/07/2013

READING TODAY: dwell!


Today I'm reading dwell magazine, to find inspiration for this new exciting project: our Garage/Studio space!!! It should be a space for work, but that also opens up to our backyard deck, so when we have BBQ's or friend's over, we can open it and have a roofed extension. I will move my studio there (my studio is now in the basement's guest room and it becomes inconvenient, specially when our family comes to visit, and I have to move everything out!)... I find I have more and more things in there now, so it becomes a challenge and a space puzzle when I have to start preparing for our visitors.
I'm really excited about this new project, specially because we'll design it ourselves from scratch (with help from our best architect friend's of course!), thinking and finding materials that are both functional and within our budget. I'll post some photos of the process once it's on the way... I'm hoping we'll have it finished this year! xo





No comments:

Post a Comment