I'm practicing Yoga at least 3 times a week, mostly 4, and I find I'm a lot more grounded, more balanced, more aware of my body and mind.
Yesterday I attended a short lecture on Yoga Philosophy @889yoga, with Scott Petrie. A very interesting "taste" of what will be offered in their Living Yoga Teacher-Training Program.
I would love to take this module, not because I want to become a teacher, but so I can deepen my understanding of how body and mind work together. I don't like to think of my practice as an exclusively physical activity, I believe it really nourishes and trains my mind as well. Learning more of the theory, history and origins of Yoga will make me think more clearly and give more depth to how Yoga is now part of my life, and my balance.
I would love to take this module, not because I want to become a teacher, but so I can deepen my understanding of how body and mind work together. I don't like to think of my practice as an exclusively physical activity, I believe it really nourishes and trains my mind as well. Learning more of the theory, history and origins of Yoga will make me think more clearly and give more depth to how Yoga is now part of my life, and my balance.
<< Yoga philosophy is an ever-deepening path of self-discovery,
by which one may come to understand one's place in the world. >>




No comments:
Post a Comment