02/06/2011

ANOTHER SIDE OF ME!

I've "doodled" endlessly since I was a kid. My favourite toy was always a colouring book or a piece of paper and I would dream with a huge box of colour pencils (for those of you in Caracas: "una caja de Prismacolor de las más grandes"). I don't remember playing with dolls but I remember always drawing or painting. And that is still one of my favourite toys... I love to draw and now those doodles have developed into a love for designing patterns and textures (I think there now is a term for it: Pattern Designer!).
Last Spring I took a Printmaking night course at Central Tech in Toronto. I was in heaven! Beautiful old presses and all the paper and ink I could dream of! I finally started printing the doodles! I haven't printed more, because of lack of a space that could remain a mess, but I have so many drafts and sketches that I'm sure will someday become a wallpaper, a cushion, a tote bag or so many other things!
So these are some examples... Hopefully soon those projects in paper will be printed!






1 comment:

  1. Wow amiga todas estas creaciones son Espectaculares, y como tu dices ya me las imagino en tela, te auguro mucho Exito, no te olvides de tus amigas cuando seas rica y famosa, jajaja. XO

    ReplyDelete